Pages

Monday 7 February 2011

Marc Jacobs Daisy Pop Art inspired nails

Hiya
So I was surfing the web and decided I wanted to do a Marc Jacobs Daisy inspired nail. I was looking at the site and found the pop art design .

I decided to do a bit of a tutorial for this nail but because I was stopping to photograph as I went a long I smudged some bits. Please ignore those bits :-D

STEP 1: Paint your base colour. I used Baked Cherry by boots 17 cosmetics then put on some nail guides (or you can free style if your neater than me!) You do not need to pile on perfect base colour because you will be painting the tip white you won't see a line so you don't need the usual 3 coats perfection you would without the art.
STEP 2: Paint the tips white and remove guides when touch dry
 STEP 3: Paint on the black daisys. I did this by using a nail art pen and dotting 5 times in a circle. 
STEP 4: Dot of yellow in the middle 




STEP 5: Nail guides on and paint a yellow line between the guide and the white edge


STEP 6: let it dry well then paint on a coat of your favorite top coat. 

And that is that. Like I said they aren't perfect but I think they look cute and fun. 
I know its not the most indepth tutorial in the world but I hope it was enough to help anyone who wants to recreate it.
xoxox

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute and fun :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leanne. 2 days later and it looks pants! Its worn really badly I think I thinned my Seche Vite to much xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog, thanks for posting this

    ReplyDelete