Pages

Saturday 31 December 2011

Make up favourites of 2011

I don't really do reviews on the site much less make up but I have a few items I use daily and really love that I thought I would share with you.

1. Bourjois Detox foundation in 51 (the lightest shade) is a highly pigmented contains no silicones and gives quite high coverage without being a mask. It doesn't need powder on top (my skin is quite oily). If my skin is good I mix it with Garnier BB Cream for a more glowing look in the summer when it is a bit drier. I have used Clinique superfit, Clinique even better, Lancome Teinte Idol Ultra, Lancome Teinte Idol Silky Matt, and Chanel ProLumiere. Only superfit and prolumiere did not oxidise on my skin. Superfit I would continue to use if I hadn't found this Detox and ProLumiere is too dark for my skin even in the lightest shade. I have great difficulty in finding a foundation that does not turn orange after 10-15 minutes on my skin (oxidization) and that does not contain silicones (brings me out in giant cystic spots). Neither look is attractive.
2. Chanel Les 4 Ombres in 19 Enigma


As you can see this quad has a pink shade, 2 taupes and one purple. I have used this palette 80% of the time over the last year. I adore it.

At first the shadows were hard to use and I didn't get much colour payoff (as seen in the faint swatch on my hand) however the more I have used them the better the colour payoff (bottom swatch) I believe this is because they are baked. I have read that you can get better pigmentation scratching them when you first get them. I didn't do that I used Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer which helped and I continue to use as it helps with longevity. The pink is a great pink, most pinks make me look like I have been crying but this is a perfect light pink which acts as a good base of the other colours. I just looked this up for price and it is £37. I just noticed this was part of the Fall 2010 collection so I feel like I should get a back up quickly in case they stop making them!

3. Clinique Redness Solutions Instant Relief Mineral Powder £25 for 25g.

I use this when my skin is bad and very red. You warm a little powder in your hands and rub it on your face. I found it to be very effective and quicker than using a brush. I really reduces the urge to use a lot of foundation when you skin is red, spotty and generally annoyed. It's a lightweight product which does what it is supposed to. I bought this on a whim and I am so glad I did. I have used Clinique loose powders before and they all have a great lightweight texture just like this one. 


4. Love, Chloe Eau de Parfum 
I got a 30ml bottle for my birthday in September 2010 and bought the gift set in January 2011 Sales - the picture shows the 50ml bottle from the giftset and the 30ml box so you can see the packaging. I love this perfume. It smells AMAZING. I could wear it everyday. I have a few others I wear but none that I love as much. I can't describe perfume properly but I like this because it has a powdery quality and is not sweet. Other perfumes I like are Chanel Allure, Chanel No 5, Dior J'dore and Gucci Flora. I also love the original Chloe but that doesn't have the same moreish powderyness that I love about Love, Chloe. 

5. L'oreal Lash Architech 4D - Love this I don't have any pics but it is amazing. I have good length, thick and naturally curled lashes so everyone always asks what mascara I use and before I tried this it was Lancome hypnose but sorry Lancome L'oreal have beaten you hands down now.  I bought 2 Lancome Doll Eyes mascara with some christmas money as they were £13 each with a mini eyeliner and eye make up remover but I kind of regret it now. L'oreal is better especially for the price (about £10)


So there you have my favourite non-nail products of 2011. I bought each and every one with my own go to work get paid money and I would happily buy them all again. In fact I did I bought Detox foundation again today from Boots and got a free mascara too. 


Hope you all have a great new year. I think 2012 is going to be an exciting and fantastic year. I will be starting my own business as a nail technician so hopefully I will have lots of customers nail art to show you, more than there has been lately. 

I love my puppy but she sure eats into my nail painting time :D, she is growing fast though and I will miss those days soon. I love the picture of her above because she is so tiny and because the brown mark on her side looks like a bone to me :D She still has the mark but it's not quite such a good bone shape anymore :D
Thanks for visiting my blog and if you would like to win the scrapbook software you will probably win as no one has entered yet!!

I wish you all a very happy and prosperous new year! 
Love Stacie xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment